Thursday 5 March 2009

SEAT want to repeat the success from 2008


SEAT are the chased ones in the FIA World Touring Car Championship 2009. Last season saw them taking a clean sweep of the drivers, team and manufacturers title. But the goal for the Spanish manufacturer is to repeat the success.
"The keys to repeat our success will be consistency and good team-work. It would be fantastic to start again with a victory in Brazil,” said champion Yvan Muller.
Muller's team mate and touring car legend Gabriele Tarquini finished second in the championship last year. The Italian is also urging for a repetition of the 2008 season, but admits that it is going to be tougher.
"I would be very satisfied if I can repeat the great season I had last year, although it’s clear that this is going to be tough because our rivals are a lot stronger now," said Tarquini.
The Swede Rickard Rydell was third best SEAT-driver last year, finishing fifth in the championship. The goal for this season is to not only beat the other drivers and manufacturers, but also his team mates.
"I have worked hard with my engineer and I hope to win the world title. I’m sure SEAT will be in the running again for the both titles in 2009, though I think competition is going to be stronger," said Rydell.
Previous Formula One-driver Tiago Monteiro hopes to use his experience from last year to be able to run for the title.
"2008 was a very good year and I learned a lot. My goal for 2009 is to put my experience into getting good qualifying results. The most important thing is to score points early on, in order to be in a good position to aim for the title.”

By Johan Meissner

No comments:

Post a Comment